What I've Learned In My First Year of Blogging
HAPPY ONE YEAR BLOGAVERSARY
I can't believe that I have been blogging on tashabattle.com for exactly a year. That's super crazy. I remember the day that I made this blog. I started on Wix to see how I would like it and I decided to invest in a platform that would allow me to better manage my site. So I transferred to Squarespace. It's been the best time. Having something that's all yours. Blogging has been one hell of a journey. From picking a platform, choosing a template, writing, promoting and scheduling. It's been a crazy adventure. I can truly tell you that I don't regret investing in this site. I am truly appreciative of every moment I've spent crafting this site. I wanted to tell you the five things I've learned during my first year of blogging.
Here they are
1. Blogging isn't for everyone : It might seem easy for everyone looking in but it's far from it. Making time to make these posts, schedule and trying to make sure that you never miss a promoting opportunity. It's very time consuming. If you're not in it because you love it. Then you should definitely think twice before creating a blog.
2. You're not going to start making money as fast as you think : Although there is a lot of full time bloggers currently. Most of them didn't start making that much until their second or third year of blogging. It takes time building a website that will bring in brands that will pay you to post about them. So don't get discouraged if you're website doesn't instantly start making money. Blogging is a lot of work and building consistent views/ engagement on your site takes time. If you're in it for the money, you should definitely get out. It's not going to happen overnight unless you already have a big following.
3. Make Posts that cater to your audience: That doesn't mean make posts that you are not into. It means if you see that the majority of your viewers liked your posts about your latest fashion trends. Make more posts about that. This is very important. You can't just write about what you want. You have to write about something that will you will not only like but also your audience.
4. Make time to network: Go to networking events and meet more people who are interested in the same niche as you. They might help you grow your views or help you create better content.
5. Have fun with it: Make sure that your blogging because you enjoy it. Make posts outside of the box. Make your template resemble your personality. It's yours. Have fun with it
I've truly enjoyed blogging and I'm glad that I took a risk and started this site. This site has allowed me to step outside of my comfort zone. Although I haven't yet accomplished everything that I have set out for this blog. I know that this blog will take me on a whirlwind adventure. Just wait... and see. I truly think that if you want to start something, you should definitely start it NOW. don't wait. Take it from me. I created my blog in one day and made it public the next. I took a chance and so should you.
COMMENT BELOW WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO AND WHAT'S STOPPING YOU