What You Should Know About Dating In College + Mistakes To Avoid
Are you currently looking for Mr. Right?
Or at least dating?
If you were anything like me when I first started dating or talking to guys then you don't know what you're doing but like everything you try, it's going to take a while for you to get used to. I like the concept of dating and love that we have the freedom to choose who we love and who we decide to let into our lives. If you're dating to marry or just dating to date, then these mistakes I'm about to tell you to avoid will make your dating experience more enjoyable. If you would like to know my personal dating stories, then let me know in the comments or if you want specific advice then you can message me. I'm going to start an advice column on my blog and would love to start branching out on the topics I speak about.
Here are the dating mistakes you should avoid
- Giving Every Guy A Chance - Be Picky! Nothing wrong with having standards but make sure your standards are realistic. You're not going to meet a guy that has everything that you would want in a main. As long as he has the main things on your list and the things he doesn't you're willing to accept then you're okay. Give him a chance! Just don't go around giving every guy who talks to you a chance. You are a prize and prizes are won.
- Playing Mind Games - I hate the whole don't call him first or don't text him first thing. If you want to call him then call him. I'm not saying to always be the first person to call or text but if you want to a couple of times when you're able to do so then you should. If you want him then you should show him that you do. Don’t act like you don't when you do. You're way too old to be playing games.
- Being Way Too Available -If you're waiting on the right one to start living your life then you're doing dating all wrong. Have a life. Make friends. Experience new things. It's your life and you only have one. If he sees that your whole life doesn't revolve around him. It will take a lot of pressure off of him and it will make you more attractive in his eyes.
- Being A Negative Nancy - Not every man you meet is trash. I hate when women say men are trash. Have you ever notice that what you think and what you say often comes to existence? If you're always speaking negativity then negativity will come to you. If you're positive and not making every guy seem like their bad, then you might meet a good one. Take every guy for what they are not for what someone did to you. Let go of that baggage. If you're not, then you're going to bring that into the next relationship and no man wants that.
- You Never Leave Your Home- If you never go out then you will never meet anyone. Unless you're into online dating. Get out of the house. Find something new and exciting to do every weekend or every other weekend. You never know who you will meet when you're out. Not saying that you should only go out to meet people but it's another way to meet someone.
- Being Too Trusting - Don't meet someone in a dark and secluded area. Make sure you are comfortable with him first before you go to a place where you can't protect yourself. You can find a lot of fun things to do in fun and safe environments. In other words be careful because not everyone has the right intentions.
I hope your dating experience is as fun and enjoyable as it should be. You're not only figuring out what you want but you're getting to know yourself. It's nice to know that you're only one date away from meeting the one. You might meet him in a random and unexpected way. I hope you're staying positive because not all men are trash. There are still good men out there. Take time to figure yourself out and enjoy your own company in this period of your life. Have Fun!
The Question of The Day: What Kind of Dating Mistakes Have You Made in The Past?